To a dream job I didn’t know was possible.

If you met me in 2020, you would quickly find out I spoke only in TikToks. During the height of COVID, I discovered a little app on the internet that made me happy. Fast forward to 2022, when I was experiencing one of the lowest points in my life; one of the things that saved me was TikTok. On that platform, I found motivation and hope, and it was there I gathered the courage to start positioning myself for a career beyond advertising. I knew I wanted a future in tech but never imagined it would be with TikTok.


Until I received a LinkedIn message that changed my life six months after that decision. I would never forget that morning when I was watching a TikTok when a message popped up on my screen. Initially, I thought it was a scam, but since it was on LinkedIn, I investigated and found out it was indeed a recruiter from TikTok who had discovered me—a little old me working in a small agency. I was ecstatic because never in my wildest dreams did I imagine working for a product I was obsessed with.


Two years later, I have had the ride of a lifetime. Thank you for everything, TikTok. Thank you for seeing me when others didn’t, thank you for saving me. AlwaysDay1. I think There is something poetic about the being layoff on your anniversary of working at your dream job. It’s time to get up because your journey there is complete. 



Comments

Popular Posts